Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Yes, I am still alive...

Peter here. It has been a while since i last wrote a blog on here. Wait a minute, i've never left a blog on here before. What is a blog anyway? Oh well, i am going to start now. I am sitting here at my computer right now in Victoria listening to my favorite band in the world and good friends(MEANS) wishing i could have been at the Glen Elm church in Regina tonight where Matt led a worship time for the young adults. So many good friends altogether at the same time hanging out and praising our creator. I will miss those times. As i reflect on the past week, however, it is hard for me to feel too down. I feel incredibly blessed by God to have been placed in such a beautiful part of the world and to be provided with such a loving group of people, being the church here. They have been doing everything in their power to make sure we are comfortable, including a special event on Sunday where everyone brought donations of food to help us start out in our new home. We are learning more and more every day about the incredible privelidge and blessing it is to follow Christ and be a part of his family. Today, however, Chelsey and i went to the grocery store to pick up some soya sauce (that sounds wierd but we really needed some) anyways, as we pulled in to the parking lot and parked, we looked across and sitting in a car right next to us was a dog. This might not seem like a big deal, but this dog was a boxer, and for those of you that don't know, my brother in Regina owns a boxer named Hudson. I instantly had memories flood into my mind of Hudson freaking out completely every time i walked in the front door of their house cause he was excited to see me and wanted to play. If this wasnt enough, i remembered those times of calm after i finally wore Hudson out (which didnt happen very often), when i got to sit on the couch and hold my beautiful 1 month old niece and hang out with my little brother Blair and his wife, Melissa. So if i could sum up my thoughts on my experience so far in Victoria, i would probably keep you here all day reading. My thoughts are all over the place. I am very excited about the ministry opportunities in the church here and have been humbled to see Gods hand at work in sending us here already. At the same time, it is getting to that stage where i am beginning to realize just how far away we are from everyone and wish i could go for breakfast at simply delicious with the guys or hop in the car and drive 5 minutes down the street to see my bro and his family. All these thoughts remind me of the wise and scholarly words of blink 182, "well i guess this is growing up".

2 comments:

jerms said...

pete, wish you could be here at simply delicious with us too!
miss you guys lots.
but not really.

Smale Family said...

Peter & Chelsey,
Ian and I are so happy you are here in Victoria. We have been praying for a long time for God to send us just the right people to work with our precious teens and our worship ministry and I truly believe that he has sent the right couple to do just that. I am sorry that Ian and I really haven't had a chance to visit with you and Chelsey since you arrived but we will have you over soon and we can again try my hand at "Farquil" the card game. You two seemed to catch onto that faster than I. (Probably an age related factor, do you think?)
Shannon