Tuesday, January 03, 2006

shameless promotion

Well we are back in Regina now. Peter and I left Dauphin on Sunday afternoon, we just followed the hoarfrosted trees all the way home. It was very inspiring, especially since we were listening to Thrice - Vheissu. I love when you have a brand new CD and you're so excited about it. Goosebumps. You should pick it up at your local music store.

I guess I should tell the rest of the story. We left Estevan on Boxing Day and we went to Brandon, Manitoba to see Pete's brother Mark, his wife Melissa and their daughter, Kiara. We had a blast there. Kiara is so much fun! She's grown quite a bit since the last time we saw her and she has so much personality. Walking, talking, and more.

We spent a couple of days there and then drove to Dauphin in our cramped little car with Keri-Lyn and her boyfriend Alvaro. It was a good time. We saw a moose and the four of us became the "best friends club". The days in Dauphin are a blur of laughter, farting and Wizard (the ultimate game of trump!). To be honest, we played Wizard to the point where we wanted to almost kill one another, but we continued to play anyway. It was a great time spent with those crazy Roberts' known as Kerry, LaVonne, Joy and Keri-Lyn. And Al-V. Of course we ate a ton of food and were completely stuffed to the point of no return.

Then Peter and I began our drive home and I think part of the reason that it was so inspiring (besides the hoarfrost and the tunes) was the fact that as I looked over the prairies I realized it would be one of my last times seeing it for a while, especially with it looking so beautiful like it did that day. In Cameron Crowe's Elizabethtown, the main character states that he has been collecting those "last looks", which he describes as the look you give when you know that you will be seeing that person for the last time. Well the whole way home I felt like I was giving a last look to everything.

It's hard to say goodbye when you know that goodbye is for quite a while. And it has only just begun.

remove the cancer, take back your souls... we are the image of the invisible

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww Chelsey.. I have definately been there.. I know all about those "LAST LOOKS" and how hard they can be even if the other side is happy too. HANG IN THERE....And by the way.. I missed something.. WHERE ARE YOU GOING??