Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Backstreet's Back

I just haven't posted in a while. This happens to me from time to time. I'll be completely aware of the fact that I haven't written in a while and I think to myself: "I haven't written in a while, where do I even start?" The opposite happens often as well, I'll have so much to say and so many ideas and I don't have the time/energy to get them all out there. Sometimes that even marks the beginning of the dry spell.

The opposite of not writing is writing, so here I am.

We arrived in Victoria at 5:40 PM from Regina. We had a busy week (Peter moreso than I) and it was bittersweet to see all of our family and great friends again (bitter because we were leaving them again so shortly).

I started a new job on Monday and I quit an old job on Monday. New job = West Telemarketing Corporation (for you Reginians, you can think StarTek). Old job = Starbucks. I will sling coffees one last time on Saturday. At my new job I have three chances to win a new car. A Hyundai Accent. It'd be the perfect accent for our Elantra. A couple of weeks ago I won a t-shirt at Got Faith? and I was pretty excited. Can't imagine what it might be like to win a car. I may have exhausted my luck already on that t-shirt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn't know you were quitting starbucks.

Jill Slywka said...

it was great to see both of you and to have a brief visit last week. thanks for stopping by. hope the trip home went well, and that things continue to go awesome there in victoria.