Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The BL Kendall Family

In January I wrote about our dear friends, the Kendalls, in Tartu. I wanted to mention them again today because I keep up to date on their blog and I wanted to share them with all of you. We spent last summer with Penny, Brandi, and Kayli (pictured) in Tartu, Estonia while we did Let's Start Talking. They are amazing. They have been in Tartu for about a year and a half, working hard to share with everyone how Jesus has changed them.

This past January their son Dustin was killed in the line of duty while stationed in Iraq. Their faith throughout this painful time has been amazing to witness. They are such strong people, with such a strong (and large!) family (pictured below), and I am so thankful that I was able to get to know them. I really look forward to when I will be able to spend time with them again.


Anyway, I was hoping that lots of you, better yet, all of you, who read this today would pray for them and their family as they continue to mourn their son and brother, Dustin.

And I also wanted to ask you to pray for their church family that they are guiding in Estonia. Check out their blog to hear all about what they've been up to and what they are planning for the summer.

Penny, Brandi, Kayli, if you're reading this, know that you're in my heart, and I think of you all the time and the wonderful things that God is doing through you. To use Peter's favourite word of encouragement: "Endure!"


Corporal Dustin Lee Kendall

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelsey you are amaising! They sure are a blessing to my heart as well! I'm so thankful that God has brought them on my and your way! Thank you very much for sharing. It is so good to know that you are our friend too and I look forvard to spend some more time with you as well with them! And you know what your entry sure did put my cry because its so much touching my heart!
Love you lots and miss you more everyday!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this entry! I couldn't even imagine what it would be like without Penny, Brandi and Kayli in here. Without their faith, encouragement, love, friendship... I love them so much, we all do!
And it would mean a lot to me to see you again and catch up... I miss you! Praying for you too...
Hugs to you and Peter