Saturday, June 10, 2006

Ketchup, Catsup, Catch-up

Okayyyy so it has been a little while. I haven't been hiding anything either, I promise. Pure laziness this time.

So let's see. Where were we? Well I'm still working at West, the dreaded call centre. I took my first calls on Friday, they went okay. I'm not super pumped about the job but I can deal with it for a while (I think). Last Tuesday I found out that I was accepted to Northern Lights College and I can now finish my Early Childhood Education program through some sweet distance ed. That will start in the fall, and is completely God's work because I was under the impression that I didn't get in because I didn't submit the proper transcripts.

I started my photography course last weekend. I'll be a learn-ed girl after this year that's for sure.

Had my first doctor's appointment on Thursday. She's such a sweet lady and we had a lot in common, par example, we both believe in and are committed to God. Sweet deal. Pete and I got to hear the heartbeat which was fantastically fantastic. Amazing. Inexplainable. Officially my most favourite noise of all time. 160 beats per minute. That's a lot of beating going on. No brothers or sisters in there with the little one. ANNNNDDD apparently I'm 13 weeks, not 10 weeks, so I'm now in the second trimester and my baby is fully formed, now it just needs to grow. It can apparently smile and frown, yawn and suck its thumb. I can't imagine this little 3-inch baby sucking its thumb. How big can the thumb be? Ultrasound is in 5 weeks, we'll have a confirmed due date then, but until then the new due date is December 11. So I'm just a couple weeks behind the Mike & Kim Fowler baby (November 24).

Cherie was in town this weekend and her, Tami and I went for breakfast this morning at Adrienne's Tea Garden in Mattick's Farm. It was good. Well the hanging out was good, I'm still not too sure about my omelette. It had dill sauce in it. It was new to me.

Tonight we had a jam session at the church and it was fun. A guy named Ken showed up, he saw the sign beside the building. He played saxophone and was sweet at it. I played the bongos and had no idea what I was doing but it was fun. Also strummed along on the geetair.

Bought my first piece of maternity clothing. A skirt on sale from $50 to $12.99 at Old Navy. Now that's how you do it.

And last but not least, the Oilers won tonight! They are back... with a vengeance. How fantastic would it have been to be in the stands? Goosebumps I say, goosebumps.

But still not better than my little one's heartbeat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i came to your site intent on sending a whiny complaint about your lack of blogs. but tada, here is a new one. hooray. you are wonderful and i miss you. xo

Jill Slywka said...

your new house looks beautiful. and you are looking good too! :) how exciting to hear the heartbeat!

and of course, i'm with you on the oilers. they are definitely coming back to take the cup.