Friday, July 21, 2006

It's 100 degrees out and you've got a sweater on...

Whatever happened to 'The Promise Ring'? Haven't heard much from them since Wood/Water... maybe that's a good thing. Anyway I got to thinking of them because it's so hot that one of their lyrics popped into my head (see title).

So it's 33 degrees C and with the humidity its 37. Apparently that's 91 degrees F. That's almost a hundred degrees (and I'm glad that I haven't seen anyone wearing sweaters). Yowzah. It's the hottest day of the year here. Not a good day to forget your water bottle (which I did).

I also forgot to write about the earthquake that happened a few weeks ago. I guess I'm just so 'island' now that these things aren't worth mentioning. A few weeks ago I experienced my first earthquake. I was sitting on the couch at work (how often does that happen) and I felt the whole building get lifted up, moved over and then put right back down again. So I asked my boss, "is there a train nearby?" because that's the only thing in Saskatchewan that rattles buildings. It was a 3.7 on the Richter scale. Here is the report if you want more details.

Can't wait til "the big one", hey mom? Pfft... I'm too island to care.

2 comments:

jerms said...

hopefully the big one doesnt swallow the island into the pacific. that would be bad news. thats why i love regina. its not going anywhere.

Craig,Leah,Lena said...

ohhhh, your husband is home from camp....that's why you haven't blogged in awhile.
I see....