Sunday, August 27, 2006

Date Night in the Rockies

... or Chasing the Sunset Through the Rockies

Take your pick.

Anyway, we're home. Safe. Sound. Exhausted.

The past two weeks have taken us clear across three and a half provinces and back. It was pretty sweet. Lots of family, a few friends, and of course... each other... SIGHHHH. That was a happy sigh. A cheesy sigh. Sigh.

I have to tell you though that you missed out on some great things.

- family of course
- discussion on how the moon must get so jealous of the sun sometimes and must get tired of the fact that it is reliant on the sun in order to shine. This discussion may or may not pave the way for a children's book titled "Arrogant Sun and the Jealous Moon". It will be very heart-warming.
- lots of Iced Cappucinos
- eating ice cream on a bench with my brother and his wife (expecting a baby one month before us) at Sylvan Lake
- Pluto losing its planet-hood. "Poor pluto". Well, they're not going to convince me. And is anyone else ticked that no one even asked you whether or not they could change THE UNIVERSE? This discussion may or may not pave the way for a children's book titled: "Pluto, the Planet That Was, But Then Wasn't, But Still Is and Will Always Be". Lots of life lessons to be learned.
- stopping at Lake Louise (my first time)
- naming our possible daughter (we already have a boy's name).


I'll give you a hint, it's after the "lost" planet.

Just kidding.

Or am I?

I really do feel bad for Pluto.

2 comments:

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

That book sounds awesome. I'd buy it.

Anonymous said...

The sun-moon story writes itself:
Sun (prodding the moon in her ribs): “Moon! You cold, microscopic mass of space rock! Why is it that people choose to sleep when you rise? Why do the werewolves turn when you are full? Why is it that your glow makes long corridors frightening and dark forests threatening? Why, moon, why? You revolve around the earth, yet both you and the earth revolve around me, me and my spectacular gravity. Just of what good are you poor moon?”
Moon (sheepish and unsure): “Well, at least man has visited me. They left me a pretty flag.”