Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Season of Advent

About a week ago it was suggested to me by my friend Tim that it is a special Advent for Peter and I this year as we wait for our child just like Mary would have been waiting for Jesus to be born.

Last Sunday, Martin got to talking about how Advent is a season of waiting. This year I think that I have come to understand a little bit more what it might have been like to have been waiting for the Messiah to come. I am in no way trying to liken my child to the Messiah, but I just have never experienced such anticipation in my life... just waiting, not knowing the day that the baby is coming, just like how the people of that time would be waiting and waiting, in the dark, not knowing the day that the Lord was coming like a thief in the night.

Be ready, stay awake, for you do not know the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe me, I am waiting anxiously here, too:)

chelsey said...

just so everyone knows, i didn't take that pic. i borrowed it!