Saturday, December 23, 2006

Smells like Christmas Spirit

Yes, it was shaping up to be a warm-fuzzy Christmasy day. We started out by watching Elf. Then we headed to Broadmead Village to do some shopping. It's true. We braved the shopping centres on the last Saturday before Christmas. We came home and I made myself a cup of Cocoa Camino dark hot chocolate. You should probably say Cocoa Camino out loud. It's just fun to say. Cocoa Camino. And it's tasty too, so if you want to try it head to your local 10,000 Villages and pick yourself up a canister.


We decided to make use of our 2 for $20 coupon at the Imax and check out the Polar Express. We paid, and rushed to get in line as it was about to sell out. But we decided it just wasn't worth it. We were behind about 200 people, all fighting for a good seat. We exchanged our tickets and decided to head to Famous Players to see Blood Diamond.


Yes, it was shaping up to be a warm-fuzzy Christmasy day, but then I watched Blood Diamond and that warm-fuzzy Christmas feeling left. However, I feel as though what I received in return is much better. Instead of commercial Christmas, I feel as though I now have the real Christmas mood. I feel more in tune with the Spirit of Jesus. I feel like my heart is in a more genuine place, searching for what I can do with my life to make a positive contribution in the world, however big or small.


"In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love." - Mother Teresa


Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing missing this Christmas is you and Peter. I'm looking forward to spending time with family...and then flying out to spend time with you guys!! It's getting so close. It's hard to believe that we actually are going to be at your house. Exciting...
Love Mom

John, Angie and the kiddos said...

Thanks for the thoughts Chels. I love your Spirit.

John

Kamara said...

I LOVE THIS MUG. AND I LOVE YOU. AND YOUR BELLY. AND YOUR SPIRIT.


that was all in caps, cause i really really mean it. merry christmas, chels. your heart, in addition to being gigantic, is always in the right spot.