Monday, March 13, 2006

So.

So it seems that I haven't written in a while. Really only a week. But it seems like a while to me. And I don't really have much to say. I haven't really been up to much in the last week, just taking some time to relax and casually look for jobs (the official "search" commences tomorrow).

I did, however, decide last week that I will read the entire Bible in 90 days. I saw a pamphlet at the book store the other day, they have this special Bible that you can buy with all the days marked off and your readings set out for you so that you can read the Bible in 90 days. I took a good long look, contemplated buying it, and then realized that I don't need to spend some money to figure out how to read the Bible in 90 days, I can do it myself, using my brain. So, I did.

I've been seeking God for about 3 years now, and I have yet to read the entire Bible. And it is something that, if you asked me, I would say, "Oh yes, reading your bible every day is important" or "Knowing the history of those who went before you is important"... but I haven't been pursuing it. Talking some talk, but not really walking that way.

So now, I've started on a new journey. Checkin' out some Jewish history, learning from the successes and failures of my adopted ancestors, etc, etc. I will read the Bible in 3 months. Not such a bad plan, I figure. Any takers?

No comments: